If you are experiencing problems with the CA.gov website, check the following list before contacting the CA.gov Webmaster:
- OLDER VERSION OF BROWSER
- You should be using either Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), version 4.0 or higher with Service Pack 1 (IE 5.0 preferred) or Netscape, version 4.0 or higher. If you are using an older version of either of these browsers, you will need to upgrade it.
- WEB TRAFFIC
- The CA.gov website may be experiencing a lot of traffic. Our recommendation: Just be patient and allow complete pages to download before you try clicking any of the links.
- YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP)
- Your ISP may be experiencing a problem. Try to see if you encounter the same problem with another site (see Web Traffic above)
- YOUR MODEM
- Your modem may be too slow to download our web pages, causing the page to timeout before it is completely loaded. You might want to think about upgrading it, since it is also probably causing you problems accessing the web in general.
- Though our web pages aren’t overly large, some do include graphical elements. It is possible your computer does not have enough memory, and you might want to consider additional memory.
If you still need assistance, contact the CA.gov Webmaster.